Home Canning Grape Jelly
Canning Grape Jelly...
Grape Jelly is everyones favorite. A Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich would not be complete without the traditional Grape Jelly!
To create the Grape Juice for this recipe we used whole Concord grapes and juiced them in a Steam Juicer.
- 5 Cups of Grape Juice made with Concord grapes
- 1 Package of regular powdered fruit pectin
- 6 cups of granulated sugar
1) Prepare canner, lids and jars.
2) Put the Grape Juice in a large stainless steel saucepan.
3) Whisk in the pectin until dissolved
4) Bring to a boil over high-heat, stirring frequently.
5) Add sugar and return to a full boil and continue boiling for one minute, stirring constantly.
6) Remove from heat and skim off the foam.
7) Pour the hot jelly into the hot jars. Leave about 1/4 inch headspace from top of jar.
8) Wipe the rim of the jar.
9) Place the lid on the jar.
10) Place the band on the jar and finger tighten.
11) Place jars in canner and make sure the water completely covers the top of the jars.
12) Place lid on canner and bring to a boil. Boil for 10 minutes.
13) Remove canner lid and let cool for about 5 minutes.
14) Remove the jars and let cool.
Canning Equipment - Canning Grape Jelly
Preserving the Good Things in Life!
Go Back to Canning Jelly Main Page
Go Back to Home Page