Canning Peach Jam - Recipe
Canning Peach Jam...
Peach Jam is one of our favorites. During the winter months it's like opening a jar of "summer" and adding it to your day.
Below is one of our recipes we would like to share with you.
Makes about six(8 ounce)jars.
4 cups - finely chopped peaches (pitted and pealed)
2 tbsp - lemon juice
1 - package (1.75 oz) of regular powdered fruit pectin
5 cups - granulated sugar
1. Prepare canning jars and lids.
2. In a large stainless steel saucepan, combine peaches and lemon juice.
3. Add the pectin and whisk until it is dissolved.
4. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
5. Add sugar and return to full boil
6. Boil hard for 1 minute - stirring constantly.
7. Remove from heat and skim off the foam.
8. Ladle the hot jam into the hot jars.
9. Remove air bubbles.
10. Wipe rim of jars.
11. Place lids on jars and screw down the bands (finger tight).
12. Place jars in canner and make sure they are completely covered with water.
13. Bring to a boil and process for 10 minutes.
14. Remove canner lid and let cool for 5 minutes.
15. Remove jars - cool - store.
Home Canning Equipment - Canning Peach Jam
Preserving the Good Things in Life!
Go Back to Jam Main Page
Go Back to Home Page
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.